Monday 2 March 2009

Westhamfans.org

You know, there is so much I love about West Ham but so much I detest too. Perhaps it is true of all clubs, having supported the one side all my life I have no way of knowing, but our fan base has a particularly unsavory element. Look in on Westhamfans.org and take in some of the hideous views on display in what purports to be a football forum.

I am banned for daring to have an opinion of my own but, in a way, I see that as a badge of honour. The barely concealed racism is revolting and the aggressive bigotry detestable. Mind you, the mock camaraderie and appalling mockney really takes the biscuit. "Alright bruv, don't you just hate the Erics, Yids" and all that sad sad sad guff, it turns the stomach. If you look in here, look in there too. Some of the posters are quality. El Martillo and Old Skool are great guys and the Aussie connection show that brute racism cannot penetrate the invisible wall of the Equator, but the triumvirate who boss the site must be up there amongst the most obnoxious individuals I have ever had the misfortune to cross swords with in any walk of life. The recent glorification of the animals who ran the ICF show what two of these guys are beneath their "jovial" exterior.

So, if you fancy a bit of voyeurism, like the old family outing to Bedlam, look in on the site and see how Neanderthal man still communicates on the net. If you don't take it to heart and don't let it colour your picture of our nation, it really can be rather amusing! In fact why not log in using a name which plays upon Fanno. I have departed but my ghost lives on. Just check out how many times WHTID, davefking and IronsGermany refer to the hated antiOrg. They can't live with me but the agony of my absence is like a festering tumor in their collective guts. Who knows guys, I may return one day so keep looking. The Fanno might be back if he feels you miss him too much!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

There he is!! Funny how your name pops up in many forums but as they say, can't live with em, can't live without em! There's even one trying to set up a match with you in one team!! M2C

Anonymous said...

Good to see you have been banned from the entire internet only .org You did always post some quality stuff, but a few too many facts for my little brain, but I will check on here to see what you have to say for yourself, PhilTheTinkler

Anonymous said...

I still want my money at the end of the season, c'mon Dyer! Apache

Anonymous said...

Good to see your still around. Missing some of your "sensible" posts on .org... JC

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

If anyone from the Orgestra looks in, could you please post to let Pete and Cliff know they were right. I'm not Fanno; as he once told you all "he's clever, but not that clever!" Certainly not clever enough to do the old multiple personality trick. So it's goodbye from me and it's goodbye from him! el martillo

Anonymous said...

Please, what a hypocrit, here is fanno at the height of his bigotry, which he claims to fight against with such passion! http://www.westhamfans.org/node/8704

Anonymous said...

Fanno my old son ha ha ha you are a cracker keep ur chin up mate you never know everyone might migrate on to here!!!!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more with your comments - especially those re the "unsavoury element". I'm going to ask my mate Tom Hanks to have a look at your blog; I'm sure he'd enjoy it.

Hammersfan said...

LOL So who is Tom Hanks? There was a vicious rumour that he was a Fanno alter ego, based on the rocket man connection.

Anonymous said...

No! No! No! Tom is his own entity. He’s usually a quiet young man who takes a bit to get riled up and usually doesn’t say too much. Watch out when he does though – he has great difficulty suffering fools, especially those of the bigoted variety.

In respect of the ‘Rocket Man’ connection, I think you will find it in that eminent German/American rocket physicist Professor (I think) Vernher von Braun or the Anglicised version. Ja? Is there a link, genetic or otherwise, to someone else we know on here?

Hammersfan said...

Bless me, so many alter egos! And they thought that was my bag!