Friday 10 April 2009

Tottenham Targets Tomkins


Just shows the importance of syntax. I read the headline from the Official Site and thought, that **** Redknapp, having visions of a bid for our future England captain on the eve of the match. Well, that would be typical 'Arry wouldn't it? But the old brain was playing tricks on me. In truth the headline read, Tomkins Targets Tottenham which implies something rather different! Well I hope it does, I hope our lad isn't talking about his dream move in the future!

For the record, James said, "It's a massive game for the club. We are pushing for that UEFA spot and it's a massive game for the fans as they are our local rivals.

"There's a great confidence in the team at the moment and a good team spirit as it has been all season. It's good at the moment and everyone is just enjoying their football. Seventh is the aim. We've got a target there that we are heading towards. Each game is vital now that we pick as many points up as we can. Next game is Tottenham, which we are all relishing."

He continued, "I feel that I'm playing well at the moment and growing more confident with every game. It was a great boost for me to start in front of James because he's played well all season. I have been getting a good run in the team and I'm full of confidence and just want to keep improving."

Well that's a relief, I can tell you! Syntax, it's a bitch!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The official site often has similar headlines before a match, nothing new here.

el Martillo said...

I can cope with the Syntax.........It's the bleedin' Incometax I struggle with!

Hammersfan said...

LOL Just watch Presbyterian Brown introduce a Sin Tax if Labour are re-elected. Any pleasure, £10 in Gordon's box!

Acton_Yid said...

Tomkins has one good game and now you're calling him "future England captain"...what, a bit like Tom "future Glenn Hoddle" Huddlestone...presumptuous b0ll0x...

Hammersfan said...

No Acton. Unlike Huddlestone, Tomkins is an athletic, fit player with a very big future. The only thing big about Huddlestone is his stomach!

Anonymous said...

Hammersfan, I guess you have to talk up Tompkins as an 'amazing future prospect' because you have nothing else - clearly no one in your first eleven is anything to get excited about.

Hammersfan said...

Anonymous, I would take our centre back pairing over yours, our left back, our keeper without question, our midfield as a unit and both Cole or ashton to play alongside The Foe or Keane. We have a team, you have a bunch of misfits! My genuine team made up of the two teams would be: Green; Coluka, Ilunga, Upson, King, Parker, Behrami, The Foe, Ashton (or Cole), Modric, Collison. I make that 7-4 in our favour!

Anonymous said...

Green,
Corluka,
Woodgate,
King,
Ekotto,
Lennon,
Palacios
Parker,
Modric
Keane
Ashton

Bench:
Gomes
Upson
Hutton
Bent/Pavyluchenko
Bentley
Jenas
Defoe

Hammersfan said...

With the greatest respect mate, you haven't watched West Ham lately based on that team. Behrami v Lennon? No contest. Lennon is a one trick pony, his legs run five times faster than his brain! Why do you think Capello picks Upson ahead of Woodgate? Do you think you know better than him? Ekotto or Ilunga? I know which one I would take every day of the week. As for the subs bench, Cole is also being picked by Capello ahead of Bent. I wouldn't let Gomes anywhere near my team! Bentley? You having a laugh? On my bench, when fit, you'd have to have Noble and Dyer. You also don't seem to realise how good Collison is!