Tuesday 23 June 2009

Faubert - The New Cantona Or The New Bishop?


French international superstar Julien Faubert has revealed that he wants to rediscover his appetite for football at West Ham, offering himself up as the new Cantona in the process, as he adopted the slightly strange language of existentialist philosophy.

The 25-yeard-old French winger, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Real Madrid, is back at West Ham after the Spanish club surprisingly failed to take up the option to exercise their option to buy, preferring Ronaldo instead.

Faubert admitted that, before the switch to Real Madrid, he had become disillusioned with life at West Ham having found himself out of favour. But he is now raring to go, aiming to prove that former manager Alan Curbishley was right to invest £6m in him.

"I don't want to waste any more time," he said. "I want to recapture the taste for football because for a moment I had lost it."

"It has been difficult because I never received an explanation about my [lack of] playing time. I had to be patient, but it was easy to attack me - the Frenchman who never played. I was the scapegoat."

"I sense a great willingness from the management to keep me. I know that the club are looking for a right winger and I see myself in that position. I especially want to settle down, to stop endlessly moving, for me and my family."

Faubert also said that he enjoyed his spell at Real Madrid, even though he made just two appearances during his four months on loan.

"I have the taste of incompleteness in my mouth, but I still enjoyed Real Madrid," he added. "A great club with great players.

"When I realised I would not be playing I concentrated on myself. Now I move on to something else."

Personally I am left wondering what exactly was meant by the "taste of incompleteness" in Julian's mouth. Was that his desperate attempt to get into the Real Madrid team, the footballing equivalent of the casting couch as Julian sucked up to One Day Ramos?

But a taste of "incompleteness"? It appears that as well as not being able to cross or tackle, he's a useless header too!

6 comments:

supernumbersix said...

Lost in translation I'd say.

el martillo said...

Existentialist philosophy? He's a bit of a Kant if you ask me. Perhaps if we sign Aquafresca it'll sort out the bad aftertaste in his mouth, talking of which; are we signing Fanni?

Anonymous said...

cantona or bishop? I've read some rubbish here including comments on the articles themselves can he cross a ball yes he definately can dies he have pace yeah a bit is he any good doubtful but is he a cantona what a stupid reference is he a bishop another ridiculous comparison if anyone ever saw bishop he knew how to pass and move and did a job when we played with to proper wingers and a ball winner across the middle of the park that's what the game and west hams style dictated at the time

Hammersfan said...

2033, Whoossshhhhhh. That one went straight over your head! Talks like Cantona, blows like Bishop mate. Ask Trevor Morley allegedly!

Hammer said...

cant wait to get him back in a hammers shirt..we missed him badly..
good on ya jules...WB to ur home we missed you..

michael maisonpierre said...

Totally ridiculous to liken Faubert to the Kantian school. More of a neo-Hegelian, if you ask me, but with a phenomenological bent. Ontologically a bit of a Platonist, but with a better inswinger.