Tuesday 21 July 2009

What's Nouble At Upton Park?


Well, you could knock me down with a feather, we have signed somebody after all and, given he turns 18 in September, he may just be a contender for first team action next season. Nouble sounds more like "one for the future" but at least we now have an option up front should Cole join Beano in the treatment room. It is also reassuring to hear Duxbury talking about bringing in others to bolster our attacking options.

I'm not about to put up my hands and say all my pessimism was misplaced yet but should we land two more attackers and a right back of reasonable quality before the season kicks off, then I will gladly do so. I am not looking for world beaters (although that would be nice), just players I think could do a job in the Prem. The basics are there for a top 6 side but we need more depth and options to sustain a challenge over a whole season. Man Utd did once prove that you can win things with kids but a sprinkling of experience here and there generally helps.

Nouble sounds like a Clarke signing to me. I'm still waiting for Nani to do his stuff by sourcing three top quality, inexpensive signings.

10 comments:

Tubs said...

Nani has done some of his stuff already in signing Jiminez.

Anonymous said...

can we knock you down with a car?

Hammersfan said...

922, very good.

Deane said...

good to see the knockers continue to show an avid interest in your views Don't you love the controversy this wonderful game causes

Hammersfan said...

that's the point of the blog Deane but some of the Mr Angrys out there just don't get it. Every disagreement has to be a fight. Sad. But funny!

el martillo said...

How do you pronounce his name?

Has Frank Nouble rejected the rouble?

Or will it be toil and trouble for Frank Nouble?

I think I'll just call him Frank Bruno.

Anonymous said...

can we knock you down with a car?

Yes, you probably could, but not with you at the wheel as your feet would not reach the peddals.

Anonymous said...

when you learn how to spell pedals maybe you'll be old enough to drive too.

Anonymous said...

wud u stop taking the piss out of our players and saying somebodys auto gonna be in the treatment room its starting to piss me off

Hammersfan said...

All I say is "IF" Cole joins Beano in the treatment room. Beano is NOT out on the pitch is he?