Saturday 14 November 2009

A Game To Miss Greenie!


If I was Robert Green, I'd be keeping my fingers crossed that Capello starts with somebody else between the sticks against Brazil. Hopefully Terry will be fit but if not, I can't see a defence reading Shite Brown, Kryten Lescott, Pick Yourself Upson and Hump Back Bridge offering the keeper much protection.

The worry, for those of us who hold out genuine hopes of an England triumph in the World Cup, is the paucity of defensive cover that this illustrates. After his performance against the mighty Burnley, Hansen said he felt sorry for Wayneker Bridge and that same magnificent Burnley exposed Kryten Lescott as a red faced dwarf of a Premiership defender. Burnley, remember, hadn't picked up a single away point all season yet took a two goal lead and, when out on their collective feet, were still invited to score a third by a hapless and hopeless Bridge. As well as the Burnley boys battled, I don't think even their most die hard fans would claim that they have a Kaka in their ranks!

Meanwhile, on the right side of the defence, Capello has no alternative other than Wes Brown. What the Hell is going on? I know Gary Neville has been out for a year and Phil Neville is currently unavailable, but surely there must be a full back or two worthy of selection ahead of Bridge or Brown? The decision to call up Luke Young shows that the cupboard really is empty. Capello should change his name to Old Mother Hubbard! He's got Kryten in the squad; and from what I've seen this season, Fabio might as well have gone with the rest of the Red Dwarf boys for his back four! Let's face it, since Collins has gone, Upson has been a hologram of his former self!

So if I was Green, I might wake up this morning to a twinge in my back. "I'll play boss if you really need me but..."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad. You even have to plagiarize an orgs post. Not that you'll post this of course.

Hammersfan said...

Have I plagiarised an Org article? Which one is that? I will post it here if you like so people can make a comparison. What is the title of the article? Hang on, I'll check. Should I log in or just visit the site? Keep watching, you may spot me! Then again, you may not!

Hammersfan said...

Gotcha! A Grumpy article! Here it is!

Have you seen who is left in the English defence to play Brazil with the possibility that Terry may not be fit for the game? It doesn't look like a back four that will offer him much protection does it?

And Rooney to be captain if Terry doesn't play? That's a joke surely? Mr "F" every other word Rooney?

Yep, I can see how my article has plundered the wit of that extended piece! I think I used the same word, "protection", to describe what the back four will not afford Green. And apart from that?

Hammersfan said...

Actually, last week they used one of my jokes on "Have I Got News For You." I was wondering if I should put in a claim for royalties but then I thought, they may have come up with it independently. Always a possibility!

Hammersfan said...

Just imagine, Green missed the opportunity to become the first England player to collect 2 red cards!