Monday 28 December 2009

Tottenham v West Ham. Team And Tactics.


Time to pack away the euphoria and prepare for one hell of a challenge. This Tottenham team is tasty but, as Fulham showed, are not infallible. Spurs were lucky to escape the Cottage with a point but, of course, they were resting Defoe for most of that game.

Where-as Chelsea and Pompey were tactically inept, 'Arry has undoubtedly identified our Achiles heel and he doesn't even need to change his team to exploit it. Krancjar and Lennon will be told to hug those flanks, take on the full backs and whip in the crosses. Remember Wigan? Well 'Arry will fancy another goal glut.

Thankfully, we still have Upson because I reckon we are going to need him. Behrami is rumoured to be starting so he will offer Faubert some protection, hopefully neutralising the threat of Krancjar to some extent. How will Tomkins cope with Crouch? That feels like a mismatch to me. Kovac will have to be disciplined and hopefully Parker still has some juice left in his tank after his amazing efforts against Portsmouth. Ilunga will have to be at his best to contain Lennon.

Presumably the team will read: Green - Faubert, Tomkins, Upson, Ilunga - Behrami, Kovac, Parker, Collison, Diamanti - Franco

The hope is that we will outnumber and outfight Tottenham in midfield, enabling us to control the game. That is a huge hope but stranger things have happened. Wolves came away with a 1-0 victory didn't they?

3 comments:

Kareem said...

I agree with you on your formation...but for some reason, I'm worried Behrami might get injured, because he didn't get much of a run out against Pompey. Otherwise, I say go for it. I wonder how Jiminez will do..I'm sure he'll be subbed on. I'd like to see Stanislas come on in the second half, if we're trailing down one nill. It'd be interesting to see what he'd do. I like to see us win this 1-0. Hopefully the match against Pompey will keep us in good spirit. COYI

Dave D said...

I think your right HF, i can see them putting everything down the wings at us. Control this area and I think we will scrape a draw or maybe nick it.

Kareem said...

I'm gonna go for 1-0 to West Ham with Franco scoring a header from a Jiminez/Diamanti free kick . -fingers crossed-