Sunday 20 December 2009

Why we must NOT do a Wolves against Chelsea!



Savvakis says:

We have to challenge for every game and against any team we play. This is the Premier League for Christ's Sake! What are you saying? I know we were hopeless in the last few games. But what is hurting more than anything is not the lack of skill in our side but the lack of commitment. Picking a weaker team (and personally I am not sure what is weaker or stronger anymore) will not change anything other than reinforcing the defeatist attitude and lack of self belief which is currently spreading faster than Swine flu.

I am sorry HF. I disagree with you this time. I would not bet my house on West Ham winning today, but just think if we can have a positive result what it would do to our confidence. We should give it our best shot and play to win. Any other way would not be the West Ham way. This is why I don't support Wolves and I always supported West Ham. Don't take that away from us. We can still hope. Miracles happen in football; and this is the type of miracle we need to set us off to another great escape. If we fail, then we would have failed doing it our own way. Not by selling our soul. I am happy Sears is coming back in January. I think he has great potential and can help in our revival.

In Cyprus, I support APOEL. The total worth of all the players in the APOEL team is less than the value of Lampard! No one fancied APOEL scoring twice and getting a positive result at Stamford Bridge. APOEL had a very crucial game to play against OMONIA the following weekend which could have determined the Champion this year. They did not field their second team, perhaps they were a little lucky too, but the fact that they went for it and scored twice against a very strong Chelsea team helped their cause far more than if they were to follow your advice and keep their best players for a match that "mattered". I say let’s go for it, give it our best and we can beat the mercenaries from South Kensington. We did this may times before and we can do it again. It will be 11 against 11, plus they will have to play in our ground in front of our supporters. We cannot concede home games to anyone!

4 comments:

Hammersfan said...

Parker, Upson and Franco in the stands during the Chelsea game:

Franco: When shall we three meet again? In thunder lightning and in rain.

Upson: When the battle's lost and won.

Parker: Where the place?

Upson: Upton Park There to meet with...

All: Portsmouth.

Anonymous said...

bloody hell even the bard's getting an airing! you crack me up.

Savvakis said...

Well I am happy I was right and HF admitted he was wrong. But more importantly I hope that there is now an air of confidence and belief blowing at Upton Park which help us get out of trouble.

Today there was commitment and passion in the team. I feel that we were robbed by the linesman who must be a Chelsea fan. Also, don't forget that the Carvalio challenge was a clear second penalty for us.

If we can carry this passion and commitment to the rest of our matches we will not have any problem at all. Parker was as usual exceptional and a true leader. I can't say enough about him. And he is like this almost every game. If we can have a few youngsters following his example we will be in the top ten in no time. Remember that the 10th position is only two wins away! Let's build on this! Go West Ham!

Hammersfan said...

Well done mate, I take my hat off to you!