Wednesday 17 February 2010

Curbishley To Return?


Reading Curbishley's statement today has made me feel decidely ill. I quote:

"It has taken many months to conclude this case but I am proud of my record at West Ham which included a win ratio of 40%, after initially keeping the club in the Premier League and a 10th place finish in my only full season in charge. I would like to thank David Sullivan for acting quickly and concluding the settlement since his arrival at West Ham. I would also like to thank the LMA, Mike Morrison of Hill Dickinson and Paul Gilroy QC for their support, hard work and confidence in my case. With my managerial record intact, I am now looking forward to the future and getting back into football management.”

Three things stand out here. Firstly Curbishley quoting his win ratio of 40%, which compares with Zola's 28%. Secondly, the sucking up to Sullivan. And thirdly that chilling last line, "With my managerial record intact, I am now looking forward to the future and getting back into football management.” Anybody bold enough to stake their mortgage on Curbishley NOT being our manager by the end of the summer?

Turds - The Sequel! Oh dear God, it's going to happen!

6 comments:

Stani Army said...

If G&S had any sense, they would look at the signings Curbishley made and the contracts he was complicit in awarding these players. They would then not go near him.

Anonymous said...

Mate, who would'ent have a 40% win percentage with a super charged Carlito in there team?? not difficult with the little wizard banging in the goals!!

Winston said...

They'd better not. Who wants to go back to just boot it upfield from the back. Besides which, he left he says, over selling Ferdinand & McCartney. I can't see that he would fit in from any aspect under current circumstances.

Hammersfan said...

Safe pair of hands Winston, safe pair of hands. Who knows what deal has been done in terms of the final settlement? "Just hang on until the summer Alan and we will see you alright. Zola will walk when we sell Upson, Parker, Behrami, Faubert, Green and Cole. Then we will give you £20m to rebuild the team. Take the QPR job in the meantime if you like. Just take the compo as part of your salary, there's a good lad, and we will give you some shares instead."

Winston said...

Oh, deary me. The more i think about this, the more i reckon you have called it right Hammersfan. As much as Curbs is a Forest Gate boy, i'm afraid i don't like his style of football nor the players he buys. Pardew bought many reasonable players before he came. As much as Zola has made some errors & been through turbulent times, his style is attacking & passionate, the Di Canio way of thinking. We just didn't quite have the side for it but we tried. That's my style. I don't want to become mid table defensive, but then, that's me. You may be correct.

Hammersfan said...

I don't want it to happen! Dear God, I'd rather have George Graham - at least he won things whilst killing football as a form of entertainment!