Wednesday 21 April 2010

Grant & Pardew - The Dream Management Team


Two new favourites have emerged for the manager's job in the summer. In the red (and white stripes) corner we have a certain Alan Pardew; and in the blue, one Avram Grant. You will note that, at no point, have I bought in to the McClaren, McLeish or Jol rumours but I have highlighted the claims of both of the latest hot tips. That leaves my other nomination to announce his candidancy at some time soon. I suspect if I ran a thread on it, ESPN would run their headline in a week's time, but for now I will whisper it quietly, Alan Turds Curbishley.

My ideal? Grant arrives as Technical Director / General Manager and Pardew is put in charge of team affairs. Then if Alan feels the need, instead of cosying up to one of the players' wives, Avram can take him along to a massage parlour he allegedly knows!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martin Jol would be my top choice. He has always done well anywhere he has gone and he gets his teams to play good football but with an end product unlike the poison dwarf Zola. Altogether now We love Martin Jol Martin Jol loves me we love Martin Jol Martin Jol loves me

TBI said...

Yeah only problem is Jol has revitalised Ajax and is taking them to the Champions league next season.

I can really see him packing that all in for 400k a year LOL!

apache said...

You had my hopes up for a sec there Fanno.

I was expecting Pardew to be announced as favourite and Peter Grant as his assistant again.

Refresh my memory, didn't things start to fall apart very soon after Grant left?

Not very many people mention Grant's role in that (relatively) glorious season in the Prem.

Hammersfan said...

True mate but Grant struggled when he moved on. Good to see you looking in again. Things ok? Going to the Wigan game? Fancy that beer?

apache said...

I've never stopped looking in, just fed up with this season, haven't posted on The Org either.

If we stay up we'll have the dubious distinction of being the best team to ever get relegated from the Prem and the worst team to ever stay up!

I know Grant struggled as manager (Norwich wasn't it), but for us, as number two, a la Kidd, Second Choice Steve and Queiroz etc, he worked.

I have tickets for the Wigan game, but I also have about a dozen stranded American relatives that are due to fly out Saturday, so it looks like airport runs for me! If it changes, we can meet up for that beer and the blinkin' fiver that I owe you!

Hammersfan said...

You have the email. Let me know if you can make it for a drink and we will sort it out. That £5 must have earnt 15p interest by now! Tell you what, I'll pretend you are a bank and I am the British government and will wipe off the capital debt and accrued interest too!