Friday 7 May 2010

Early Team News For Man City Game


Interesting to read on the OS that Zola may consider Tomkins and Boa Morte for the Man City game, with Behrami ruled out by injury. No mention of Daprela I notice, so presumably that means Zola still has complete confidence in Spector's ability to play at left back!

Very sad to read that Collison is out for 9 months. I hope that he hasn't suffered long term damage because he was asked to play with a knee injury earier in the season.

Will Franco start on Sunday? What about Diamanti? My money is on Zola taking a real chance and naming the following team:

Green; Faubert, Da Costa, Upson, Spector; Diamanti, Kovac, Parker, Noble; Cole, Ilan.

It didn't work at Fulham so why change things for the visit of Man City?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can hardly wait for the I was right post. can we have it early?

Hammersfan said...

Do you think I'm right then?

Anonymous said...

do you think i think you're right?

Hammersfan said...

Can't imagine how you could doubt me.

Shaun said...

I don't think it really matters who starts on Sunday. Personally, I'd like to see Daprela at left back (although I can't see Spector getting dropped for the last game?) and a midfield of Diamanti, Noble, Parker and Junior.

What does matter is whoever takes the park knows what it means to wear that shirt. It's the last game, at home and the fans expect to see some restoration of pride and vast improvement. Forget thinking of luxury summer holidays and trying not to get injured! A win over Citeh along with the 3 above losing, which looks likely, and we could finish 14th!

I'm not saying that turns this season from a poor one into an average one, but it does bring another £2M+ into the club coffers..so that's an incentive in itself! COYI !