Saturday 15 May 2010

Spector Confuses If & When


Lovely little quote from Spector when explaining why he wants Green to play for England in the World Cup opener against the USA. Our American defensive giant said: "I always felt confident having him behind me, that IF something went wrong, he'll be there."

Surely that IF should have read WHEN!

I wonder if Green will now reciprocate, telling the World's press that he hopes Spector is picked to play for the USA! I can hear Rob now. "It would be great if the USA followed Zola's lead and played John at left back".

2 comments:

Stani Army said...

"I always felt confident having him behind me, that IF something went wrong, he'll be there."

Maybe he wasn't talking about football? Hello boys! :)

Anonymous said...

usa usually plays jon at right...or ocasionally center, depending on if gooch is in or out. this guy was killer at the confederations cup last summer. bob bradley knows how to play him