Saturday 21 August 2010

Zola's Reputation Takes Another Dent


Poor little Gianfrnaco, through all the downs and downs, he always had one feather in his cap, he was the man who remodelled Carlton Cole, he was the man who released the goal scoring beast from inside the gentle giant's wrapping. But now Carlton has told the world differently.

It wasn't Zola at all, it was Daniel Abrahams, a sports psychologist. Carlton tells us, "“I became involved with a sports psychologist, Daniel Abrahams, and that was the turning point in my career. Games are won and lost beforehand. I left no stone unturned."

“He said to me, ‘Be a monster on the pitch’. He gave me the freedom to go out there and express myself. For instance, I had never scored a goal like I did against Tottenham last season. I just turned around and hit the ball. Players think too much sometimes and it brings them down.”

I'm not sure if Abrahams also told him he could play defence splitting passes through the middle of his own defence!

I hope Carlton gets the reception he deserves today. Unlike Parker, he has shown 100% commitment to the club. At 27, he is talking about ending his career with West Ham. Parker, on the other hand has maintained a deathly silence. Maybe he will sign that contract on the pitch before today's game? That would give everybody a lift before such an important match, wouldn't it?

2 comments:

T.I.S said...

Yh and as he's signing it Kevin Davies will probably strike a ball and accidentally hit Parker in the head and kill him.

Anonymous said...

I can't see how you can say Scott Parker has even hinted at any disloyalty?? Just because he hasn't been all over the papers pledging allegiances to the Claret & Blue, doesn't make him any less of a professional employee of a company. When has he ever been selling his soul to the hacks Fleet Street?

However, seeing him put in a pretty tepid performance yesterday, you've got to say, his mind seemed to be elsewhere....

PS. Carlton Cole is 26..... for another 2 months!