Monday 18 October 2010

Strachan shows he is a bigger wee man than Zola!

Full marks to Gordon Strachan. It takes a big wee man to put your hands up and say, "I've cocked up, I'm not up to this job!" But Strachan has done it at Miserableboro, chucking himself overboard early in the season rather than clinging desperately to the wheel and ignoring the perfect storm gathering around him.

Unlike Zola, Strachan has waived his right to compensation, accepting that he would be out of order to pocket a wad after doing a bad job. And this is all the more commendable because Gibson is a patient chairman who would probably have given the Scot as much time as he wanted - within reason. He stood by Robson and Southgate after all!

What a contrast with Zola, who was willing to drag the club down with him rather than do the honourable thing, and walk away from a job that he was clearly incapable of doing. And Zola, of course, like Turds before him, wanted his blood money.

You may remember that Strachan was a front runner for the West Ham job some years back. I can't remember who pipped him to it. Roeder? Or Pardew? Pards I think. I'm glad we didn't appoint him because I don't rate the guy as a manager but as a man, he deserves respect. Unlike our last two money grabbing managers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

give it a rest will you. first slagging off big mal earlier this week and now harping on about zola again. can't you stop being a prat for one day?

Hammersfan said...

Can't you master capital letters yet?

Anonymous said...

Actually, the contrast is with the chairmen. I'd sue gold and sullivan for all theyre worth if they sacked me. gibson I wouldnt. there is the difference.

John said...

Why 1813? Gold and Sullivan have got a good record with managers. There is not a chairman in the premiership that wouldn't have given Zola the push.I accept Zola was a man who had been the best as a player, but he could just not realise that he was a failing as a manager.