Saturday 30 April 2011

Upon The Demise of Sheffield United

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let pigeons circle crapping overhead
Shitting on the Cortinas the message They Are Dead,
Put red striped bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the benefit cheat investigators wear black cotton gloves.

They were my North, my North, my North and Scum,
My unemployed week and my Sunday rum,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought the Championship would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: they've left, every one;
Pack up the kit and dismantle the squad;
Pour away the lager and sweep up the dead wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good!

And to think, on the very same day that Shafting United sank to the third tier of English football, Warnock won the title in the Championship - with an Argie signed on a Third Party Agreement! You couldn't write it could you?

I do hope the Blunted Blades fans enjoy playing Yeovil, Chesterfield, Hartlepool and Leyton Orient next season!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't Hammers fans have other things on their mind at the minute, rather than the demise of past relegation rivals?


See you next season pricks, From a Millwall Fan

Anonymous said...

25m spent wisely ha ha enjoy div 1

Fred149 said...

If your a millwall fan bugger off a west ham website and bugger back to the s**t hole called millwall

Anonymous said...

you won't be seeing us Millwall Fan as I feel both games will be played behind closed doors.

OSP said...

23:32. . .
I fucking hate cyber warriors,
Your post starts;
Anonymous said...
Kinda sums you & yours up...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Don't Millwall fans have other things on their minds, rather than visit a West Ham related site? go away you oik.

Anonymous said...

Have West Ham achieved safety this season? No? Didn't think so.

Mike, a Blade!

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised Millwall supporters know how to use computers. Must have been a luck hit with a club on the keyboard.

Hammersfan said...

Have Shafting United survived a division below West Ham? No. Didn't think so. Can Shafting United save themselves? No. Didn't think so. Never mind Mike, you and your mates can keep your hats on!

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see you go down. relegation and administration beckon. you cheating b******s!

Anonymous said...

Fun sort of West Ham Fan - from what I can see of this Blog most of your own people seem to hate you, plus you're going down! hahaha

Happy Blade

Anonymous said...

You are of course right - he is a funny sort of West Ham fan - and most on here do seem to dislike him and of course we are going down.

HF won't mind too much as he'll at least get a chance to say I told you so. Mind you so will his detractors because HF spent at least 75% of the season telling everyone how good Grant was.

Mmmmwwwwwaaaahaaaahaaaaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

What makes me laugh is Sheff utd had a good chance of playing in your cup final next season against West Ham and you lot have blown it, but dont worry because at least you lot can do us out of another 30 million now you've been relegated again.