Sunday 3 April 2011

West Ham v Man U. What a missed opportunity!


Dear God! A minute before Rooney scored his first goal, you could have won twenty nine quid for a one pound stake on the Mancs finishing the game as winners! That was the bet of the century! Even as Rooney lined up that free kick, a £5 stake on a Man Utd win would have secured a return of £150!  What a steal! As soon as that goal crashed in, United were at worst evens to win the game in my book.

I have never bet against West Ham in my life. In fact, I have never bet ON West Ham in my life due to superstition, but had I known those odds were available I would have been mightily tempted to stake a fiver. Bloody hell, I spent a tenner drowning my sorrows after Rooney scored his first anyway!

£150 would not have compensated for the loss of three precious points but it would have made me feel a little bit better. I will be keeping a closer eye on in play odds into the future!

14 comments:

Stani Army said...

Don't do it HF. It's a losing game.

Stani Army said...

....and you drink too much.

Hammersfan said...

It is if you are a Hammer sadly!

Hammersfan said...

Actually I don't drink much at all. But I suppose one glass is too much in your book.

Anonymous said...

I love drinking - going out with friends or work colleagues and getting royally plastered. Nothing beats the camaraderie of a fun night out.

I also play chess, fish, read and support West Ham. I think HF is a great MOR bloke and I think some people on here expect a little too much of him considering his back ground and upbringing.

Hammersfan said...

LOL and what upbringing was that exactly?

Stani Army said...

Quite literally HF...one sip even :)

Hahahaaa, you've got an admirer HF.

It's only because we care 23:30. That's why we're always here, setting HF straight (would I be able to say that to Dale on WHTID?)

Speaking of which...Dale's just banned a guy called Chris from his blog. Must have been because of his Noble criticism. Dale lost it and start swearing!

Anonymous said...

I would imagine that he was dragged up in one of the most depressed areas in Western Europe? Probably by a couple of ignorant working class types.

Travelling Hammer said...

Thought the same HF when Ray Winstone came on for Paddy Power at half time and it was 11-1 for a mancs win. Hardly ever won a bet in my life as I jinx whatever I bet on, so £10 to ensure the hammers a win seemed a bright idea, and worst case I bagged £100. Couldn't do it as I would have blamed myself for the turn around,......... I'll know what to do next time!

Anonymous said...

23:54 hit the nail on the head with that one mate - his ignorance shines through like a beacon.

Hammersfan said...

What, Newham? By West Ham supporting East Enders? Go into a pub on match day and announce that everybody in there is a ignorant working class type and see what happens. They will probably prove you right! But a very nice Asian doctor will tend your wounds when you arrive at Newham General!

Anonymous said...

Newham General!?! don't be ridiculous man, I'm with Spire Health Care - I'll leave the National Health Service (sic) to you and your plebeian chums.

Anonymous said...

Do Spire Healthcare have an A & E department????

If not I think I would leave you bleeding at the side of the road

Anonymous said...

Of course they have a bloody department to handle things like that - do you think the Royal Family go to the NHS when they an accident? You really are an uneducated buffoon.