Tuesday 7 June 2011

KUMB Turning On King Scotty!

So, KUMB have woken up to what this blog has been saying for quite some time now. Six days ago, I ran a thread entitled "Parker does a Defoe" and came in for the usual abuse and tosh about Mr West Ham Scotty Parker. The parallel was unfair apparently.

Well somebody over at KUMB picked up on the article, left it six days for the dust to settle and has produced their own take on it, concluding with the judgement:

"A good player? Check. A fine servant during his time at the club? Check. A player who went beyond the call of duty at times? Check.  But a legend? Not by following in the footsteps of Jermain Defoe and walking out on us as soon as the going gets tough, you're not."

It's interesting to watch the revisionism happening before our very eyes. Never mind the Judas judgement, there's also the interesting appraisal of Scotty's ability. Note, KUMB call him a "good player" - no hint of genius there then!

Over on the Org, positions are shifting. Now it's not just Fanno and Fareham who are putting the boot in to Parker, more and more are waking up to the way Scotty has milked the club. Just wait until he has joined Spurs! How the Parker Groupies will exult when Saint Scotty is benched by 'Arry.

But will anybody come on here and say, "You were right all along"? I'm not holding my breath for some reason!

22 comments:

beelzebub said...

I actually have always agreed with you on parker, a very average player made to look good on a field of shit....

BUT PLEASE for the love of god, save your abuse until we have sold him off and made a mint from the scum !!

Getting a good transfer fee out of Parker is paramount to big sam's budget i would expect...so please patience!!

Beelzebub

Anonymous said...

Your scotty talk is getting old...

Anonymous said...

You reap what you sow HF - if no one will agree with you then perhaps you just don't attract like minded people, or perhaps you're just plain wrong. Either way I don't really care, as I'm afraid on this one it became a tad boring way back in December.

US HF said...

You were right all along


Now start writing about how upson blows... He's a Puss

Hammersfan said...

0017, old in the sense that others have now caught up and are saying it too? When will Dale jump on the banwagon?

Hammersfan said...

Bandwagon!

Anonymous said...

Others are saying things about Parker based on facts at this time ie he wants to leave. You started on Parker years ago for no apparent reason and have carried on. With that kind of stance, you will be right about every player as it nearly always turns sour when they want to leave.

Stani said...

Dale's always on the 'banwagon' HF! I should know!

Seriously though, what are the differences between Defoe and Parker leaving? Wasn't it Deane that first raised this? It's a good point.

Deane said...

I said it in January so no argument from me You and me and a few other unblinkered and ridiculed fools were and are right Long live freedom of expression

Hammersfan said...

Well 0758, lets put this into context shall we? I said Parker wasn't as good as people were claiming, that he should have been sold, that he wasn't worth £83,000 per week as a salary and that he was no more committed to West Ham than he was to Charlton, Chelsea and Newcastle. I was right on all counts. Sorry if that is "starting" on Parker, I was simply calling it as I saw it.


Now who else did I start on when he was a "Claret and Blue God". That would be Behrami, who I said was a huff and puff merchant and nout special. I called for him to be sold when his stock was artificially high. Again I was proved right.

And also Green, who I said was not an England keeper. Right again.

I have criticised performances of other players and joined in the derision of some of the mugs allowed to wear our shirt - Spector as a left back, Boa Morte, McBenni, Mido, Tristan etcetera - but generally speaking, I have tried to be balanced. I gave Zola 15 months before I judged him useless and gave Grant far too long as it turned out!

Stani said...

Why spoil your whole comment at 15:43 with that last line HF?! :)

Stani said...

You bought Dale's new book yet HF?

Hammersfan said...

Has he got a new book? What's it called? "In Through the Out Door"?

Anonymous said...

Dale jumps on a lot of things but I haven't heard it called a bandwagon before.

Hammersfan said...

LOL Very good 1734. Or thumbs up!

Stani said...

Bloody hell you two, I was just about to eat as well.

He's promoting it on his blog, have a look.

Anonymous said...

Book? hahaha can you imagine HF writing a book? hahahaha not a cat in hells chance.

Oh well HF I guess you can always dream - Mmmmmwwwaaaahhhhhaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaaa

Anonymous said...

Book? don't mention the book - you know how upset HF will be when compared as he always comes up short against Iain.

Hammersfan said...

I'm not coming up anything where Dale is concerned!

TudsOut! said...

Well until you write and more importantly get your scribblings published I really don't see how you can criticize him. As he is obviously a far more accomplished accademic than you could ever dream to be!

Stani said...

He knows ish about football though.

Anonymous said...

Well there you go... HF is half way there already.