Sunday 12 June 2011

A Postcard from Sam Allardyce

Whilst on hols, Big Sam has found the time to email the fans! He writes:

Dear Supporter,

It is an honour to be the new manager of West Ham United. It is a fantastic club with a great tradition and loyal supporters who deserve to be in the Premier League. I wouldn’t have taken this job if I didn’t think we could bounce straight back into the Premier League. More than that, I wouldn’t have contemplated the job if I didn't think there was the opportunity to build something substantial at West Ham. There is a core of very talented young players at the club who’ve come up through the youth system, have West Ham in their blood and who I know I can build a successful team around.

That's what I’m looking forward to, managing a club that wins more games than it loses and competing at the top of the table. We need to create a winning mentality and give the fans a team they can be proud to watch. I know there will be West Ham fans asking whether I’m going to abandon the style of play that's been the club's heritage over the years. All I’ll say is it will be a tale of home and away. At Upton Park we'll attempt to play the kind of passing game the fans want. We will aim to continue in the same way on our travels but we’ll also be tough, hard to beat and utterly resilient.

There is no short–cut to success. It has to be a building process and the Board are aware of that, but the key is getting back to the top as quickly as possible. There is a big job to be done, but it is one which excites me a great deal because the status and the history of the club are magnificent. West Ham have got great potential. This is a great opportunity to really further my career and I will do my very best in the first year to get us back up into the Premier League ahead of the ultimate move to the Olympic Stadium, which is so important.

I am determined to get this club back where it belongs as quickly as possible. The coaching staff and players will do everything to make that happen but we know we will need the fans with us every step of the way. Your support at a packed Upton Park can make a big difference and will be a massive factor in driving us on to our goal of promotion.

Sam Allardyce, Manager

Now I wonder who ghosted that? Answers on the back of a postcard please.

5 comments:

RexHammer said...

I have just posted the email on my blog as well. Now I am going to be feel like I am copying your idea :/

Stani said...

The last paragraph should give us a clue! Not 'your support at Upton Park' but 'your support at a packed Upton Park'!

Disgrace. Cnuts still have the nerve to take us for a ride after all that has happened. Leopard skinned lingerie doesn't change its spots.

Deane said...

wanna buy a season ticket for a club thats leaving its home to go to a rented athletic stadium managed by a percentage guru I mean it's still called West Ham and surely your loyalty is to the brand name not the brand which no longer exsists

jaybs said...

Big Fat Sam is going to have to work dammed hard to gain any Respect from myself and many loyal supporters.

How long is it since he last worked? and of all times he decides to don his speedos and head to Spain, can you vision him sat around the pool with his Cheryl Cole headset on getting us the very best players available, mostly seem to be over 33 and who are Fat Sam Fans having played for him in the past.

While at the same time our own young players are left hanging unsure what his plans are and what is their future!

So no an email written most likely by someone in the media department from Big Fat Sam does not impress me.

Anonymous said...

I can almost guarantee that the email was written by Greg Demetriou Head of Media at West Ham and approved either of the two David's. I am sure they emailed him a copy before it went out though.