Monday 15 August 2011

Cole to start at Watford

The game comes too early for Carew and Cole is now, apparently, up to speed after carrying an injury through pre season. Doctor Evil has spoken positively about Carlton so it seems probable that he will now use him as a starter after his promising showing as a second half sub at Doncaster.

The Watford game is fraught with dangers, not least because the Hornets have become something of a bogey team of late. The last three games between the two clubs have ended in shock 1-0 reverses for the Hammers. In 2008, Zola picked a bloody stupid team for a League Cup clash, with stand in keeper Lastuvka and Mullins combining to give victory to Watford on a plate. Up front we were lightweight and toothless with Di Michele and Sears interchanging and Etherington, absurdly, playing on the right. The other notable perverse selection was the inclusion of an obviously over weight Walter Lopez at left back. Ludicrous!

Before that, we lost two back to back home games 1-0, one in the Cup and one in the Prem, in the Great Escape season. Watford finished bottom of the Prem that season and were pretty hopeless all year. Mind you, we only drew the game at Vicarage Road 1-1, with Pardew picking an absurd team wiith three centre backs!

So, our last four games against Watford have yielded just one goal! It's time to set the record straight!

10 comments:

USA Dave said...

I recall following the Great Escape year games on my laptop, incredulous at what was unfolding. And if memory serves me, Harewood missed a penalty in the league game.

From a Karma standpoint, Id love to see 3 points tomorrow.

Funny thing, too. I feel like Im living in a vacuum. I do not look at the EPL at all. I dont even give it a thought. I was concerned that Id see EPL results with envy and anger. But I dont.

I support West Ham United. Regardless of who or in what league they play.

Very cleansing.

Hammersfan said...

Very true Dave. It seems to me already that the football in the Championship is much more exciting!

USA Dave said...

If only we could teach Alistair Cook to play striker!

I'm learning, fellas.....

Mike said...

And there's me thinking I was the only mug in USA supporting the Hammers.

Deane said...

what is this EPL thing you're on about
If you want to watch great footie that doesn't involve West Ham the Bundesliga is the place to be or of course you could pop down the Boleyn and watch the Wanderers oh no no great footy there either

USA Dave said...

There are quite a few of us, Mike.

Kareem said...

USA Dave, Mike: I live in the US and support West Ham too! ...too many Man U fans around here though :(

Stani said...

Dave, that choir boy couldn't score a goal to save his life! He'd dislocate an eyelash or something

Anonymous said...

anyone know of any streams?

USA Dave said...

Stani, I may in my cricket infancy but even I know what Cook did thenother day was fantastic. Never mind the brilliant showing by England in general.

Uh oh. Im in a cricket debate with Stani.......

What have I done!?!?!?