Friday 9 September 2011

Parker admits Redknapp tapped him up?


I know I promised to let it go, but how can you when Parker comes out and says that he was not prepared to join anybody other than Spurs - even if it cost West Ham money in transfer fees - and hints that Redknapp tapped him up? This is the Claret and Blue legend you have all idolised!

Of course, Parker is diplomatic enough not to bad mouth West Ham - his Dad and Uncle hadn't been sacked by the club after all - and was cute enough not to slap in a transfer request the day after we were relegated; why should he when the window didn't close until the end of August? He also didn't appear at White Hart Lane in a Tottenham shirt before the transfer was completed - although sitting in the stand next to Redknapp junior watching Chelsea play Spurs is surely the next best thing! Nor did he do an on pitch interview after the last game of the season saying he wanted a transfer - but how could he, given he didn't even play in the last game of the season?

So, Parker has been diplomatic, but the facts remain. He signed that extended contract, securing a reported wage rise of £23,000 per week, and a year later reneged on it. He has moved to hated rivals Spurs. He put in a transfer request because we were relegated. He invited bids at the end of last season by saying he wanted to play in the Premiership. And now he has admitted that he was not willing to talk to any clubs other than Spurs. Yes he wanted to keep his children in their London schools but that, apparently, didn't just rule out Fenerbache and Stoke but also QPR. Odd that.

I quote Parker: "I think Tony Pulis and Neil Warnock have come out and said they wanted to sign me, but like I said, once I knew Spurs were interested it was the place I wanted to come."

As for the relationship with 'Arry, Parker is wonderfully frank, telling Sky Sports, "I think it always helps when you feel the manager wants you, and over the last few years Harry has stated that he likes me as a player." And Jamie is a best mate of course!

I really, really, really hope that Wolves beat Spurs with a goal scored from a free kick conceded by Parker.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't worry about it. He's not the future.

Anonymous said...

I'm a West Ham fan but there really is no need to be so bitter. He is gone get over it.

Anonymous said...

Can you please make that the very last comment EVER on Parker. It really is tiresome.

Hammersfan said...

That depends. If information keeps dripping out on Parker I will respond accordingly.

T.I.S said...

lol I think Parker did that interview JUST for you HF.

Anonymous said...

What the fuck is wrong with you twisted sick man - are you mental? is your life so dreadful that you have torment people like this? what sick pleasure do you get from harping on and on and on. You just regurgitate the same puke over and over again.

Hammersfan said...

I think you are the mental one mate, reacting in that way to a blog article!

B4V4R14N_H4MM3R said...

It's really time to move on HF. It sucks, he joined the spuds and it sucks, his value was much higher last year when we could have offloaded him, but that's just how it is. It was our board's fault to hand him the new contract - they desperately wanted to keep him. They made him the "mighty" Scott Parker with statements like "everyone's got a pricetag except Scott Parker".
He is 31 and the EURO 2012 is definitely his last chance to play for the three lions in an international cup. He probably could have been in the final squad despite he was playing in the fizzy pop with us but his chances might be better at white shit lane.

In my opinion we both, our club and Scott needed a fresh start. The last two seasons were pretty hard to swallow for each of us.
Our current squad is definitely capable of winning the championship, we haven't to pay Scott's wages anymore and Scott has the chance to play on an international level. I also can't see the spuds winning anything so from my point of view it's a win-win situation.

Andy said...

Ok HF, I'm not usually one to criticise, I usually simply read, sometimes raise a wry smile, then get back on with work.. but my friend, I have to admit this obsession with Parker is getting really quite tiresome now.

Love him, or not, the fact of the matter is he's gone. Move on mate.

Sav said...

I agree only with the "I hope Wolves beat Spurs". If you write another Parker article you will have to rename the blog to "HF's gone crazy about hating Parker".

spongydice said...

Why's everyone getting so ratty about Parker articles. I didn't rate him anywhere near as high as many. I like hearing these little digs. Parker own goal would raise a wry smile.

Deane said...

Spurs to stay rooted to the bottom all season
if Carlsberg did Parker transfers

Anonymous said...

Jokes on 'Arry,couldve had big papa instead!

Anonymous said...

19:56 have to agree - HF is mental, it's obviously that there is a real problem in the man's life - I guess we should be charitable and offer sympathy - I feel sorry for the family, can you imagine what his poor wife has to go through?

Hammersfan said...

She has a terrible life mate. Hasn't had to work since we married, holidayed all over the world and now doesn't even have to worry about the kids because they are old enough to look after themselves. Crap life!

Anonymous said...

Yeah we've all heard about your latest holiday exploit - sounded bloody awful, the poor cow.

Tottenham Jim said...

Parker set one up and looked quite brilliant at times, he's finally relishing playing for a proper football team. Thanks for his services at such a low low price and welcome home Scotty!