Sunday 27 February 2011

The Day Hammersfan Got It All Wrong! Well Nearly!

Just how many times was I wrong today?

1) I expected Liverpool to win.

2) I predicted Cole would score the winner, but intimated it would be Joe.

3) I predicted Johnson would score for Liverpool - but suggested it would be Liverpool's fourth.

4) I said we would have to score three times to win - but scoffed at the chances of that, pointing out that a Cup Final apart, you had to go back to a dead rubber in May 1995 for the last time we put three in the onion bag against Liverpool.

5) I called Avram's team selection perverse, expressing amazement at the exclusion of Cole. Mind you, Carlton proved my point at the end I suppose.

6) I predicted that Upson would not kick a ball again this season - and he was awesome today.

7) I queried the purchase of Ba and he has now scored 3 in 3!

Have I forgotten anything? Oh, Parker was brilliant and scored, ending that lean patch I was reminding everybody about earlier in the week, and Green also had an excellent game. Oh yes, and O'Neil set up the second with a delightful cross. Oh and Bridge didn't have a mare either!

Oh and one last thing: we are not down yet. There is still HOPE. If we can follow up with a victory over Stoke, I might even start to BELIEVE!

One last thing, I would have had my mortgage on Arsenal beating Birmingham. So it's a bloody good job I don't have one!

And do you know what? It feels so good being so wrong!

But that's the Game, it drives you bloody crazy!

Even when I'm wrong, I win!

8 comments:

Stani Army said...

Our problem isnt you not admitting you're wrong HF. You do admit when you're wrong quite regularly....or more accurately, you have to do it quite regularly.

Our problem is you forget just how wrong you can be too quick and too often. It never humbles you, that pie.

Hammersfan said...

Ah, but I do admit when I am wrong. You should give it a go Stani. Or is there too much pork in humble pie? ; }

Stani Army said...

Are you suggesting that I should deliberately be wrong just so I can then admit to being wrong? :) Hahaha

Yes, it's the pork in the pie that keeps me on the straight and narrow...keeps me having to call it right :)

I think my first comment up there at 20:24 deserves to go in your sidebar :)

Hammersfan said...

The English isn't good enough Stani. You need an ly on quick when you use it as an adverb. Tut, tut!

Anonymous said...

This has to be the game now that propels us to safety, no more turning the corner then turning back, lets get out of the bottom 3 against Stoke and not look back!

Stani Army said...

...it's perfect then! :)

USA Dave said...

OK everyone. Just when I was feeling happy, I started reading the comments on other sites about how Pulis and Stoke will be looking to hurt our guys. Ba in particular. Huth, Shawcross and the like are starting to look like the old Philadelphia Flyers hockey team of the 70's. The Broad Street Bullies as they were called.

I am now in full panic mode. Don't play Ba. In fact, don't play anyone.

Help.

This team and everything with it will be the death of me.

Stani Army said...

Plus that rule's discriminatory HF. Fred'll never make it on your sidebar that means. What if one day he comes up with something ingenious? Just because of his spelling you wouldnt have him? I blame my phone's auto thingy anyway.